Did you know that reading with young children has been identified as one of the most important ways to develop their language and literacy skills?
CLC is seeking new partners for its Corporate Reading Program. An expansion of a successful partnership launched by Legg Mason six years ago, CLC’s Corporate Reading Program makes team building easy and rewarding.
- Research shows that employees who volunteer with their company are more engaged, productive, and loyal!
- CLC’s Corporate Reading Program is a fun and easy way to help children develop skills needed for Kindergarten.
- Volunteers receive training and tips for reading with young children from the professional staff at CLC.
- Quarterly feedback meetings provide an opportunity for volunteers to get additional support.
- Parents who volunteer in the program learn new reading skills and ways to support their child’s social emotional development.
How it works:
- A volunteer team commits to 9 monthly classroom reading sessions (October – June) at a designated day and time.
- Volunteers share books and participate in classroom activities led by the teacher.
- Individual volunteers aim for at least 70% participation in reading sessions and ensure coverage from the team when their absence is necessary.
- Companies are matched to a location based on need and proximity to their office.
For more information on the corporate reading program, please contact:
Director of Strategic Partnerships