Volunteer - Q&A
What types of volunteer opportunities are available?
Volunteer opportunities are available working directly with our children or on facility projects, technical issues, fundraising and raising public awareness.
Why should you consider volunteering at CLC?
You will make a real difference in our children’s lives. Volunteers enrich our children’s lives socially and emotionally, in addition to the learning that takes place during quality time spent with a child. You will be a positive role model.
What is the time commitment with volunteering?
The length of commitment is dependent upon your interests, personal schedule, and chosen activity.
- Reading to our children could be a 30-minute investment
- Painting a classroom may involve a few hours
- A structured classroom hands-on activity or a walk in the neighborhood requires at least 1 hour
Do volunteers need special training?
Volunteers will receive detailed instructions for each assignment. Most volunteer activities will not require special training. For those that do, CLC staff would be available to train volunteers.
To Volunteer with CLC, Contact Jennifer Hallissey, Director of Strategic Partnerships, at 203-653-1327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Few Sample Volunteer Activities:
- Music (instrumental and singing)
- Physical Activity – playground & indoor games
- Seasonal Planting/gardening
- Nutrition Education Activities
- Health Education Activities
- Arts and Crafts
- Studio Activities in carpentry, science, reading, music & cooking
- Facility Improvement and landscaping